Pig liver are often (unjustified) neglected. So, I decided to play with a couple of recipes and here you have one my way.
- 500 g liver (I used pig liver, but you can use another kind)
- 2 onions
- 1 can of pelatti tomatoes
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 tea spoon sugar
- 1 tea spoon sweet red pepper
- 1 tea spoon vegetable spice mix
- 1 table spoon oil
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 table spoon estragon mustard
- 2 table spoon flour type 550
Fry chopped onion that you sprinkled with a spoon of sugar so it caramelizes slightly.
Add the cubes of liver that you coated with mustard and flour. Stew for a couple of minutes with constantly stirring. Season it with salt, veggie spice mix, spoon of sweet ground red pepper. Add a couple of pieces of bay leaf and chopped pelatti. Let it cook on slow flame for about an hour, poru wine when needed so it's not dry and when it's almost done, add slices of potatoes and let it simmer until the potatoes are nice and cooked.
Serve warm with green salad.